Google has announced on their developer’s blog that the well-loved phone is going to become their official developer phone, offered for $529. The phone will come with Android 2.1 installed, but will update to 2.2 as soon as it powers up. Accessories will also still be available from the HTC European store.
From our point of view, that is fantastic news, and just verifies our faith in the Nexus One – which is a magic developers phone, but is oddly enough a terrific user’s phone too!
Related articles by Zemanta
- Nexus One Developer Phone (android-developers.blogspot.com)
- Nexus One no more? Think Again (pcworld.com)
- Google Turns Nexus One Into Developer Phone (webpronews.com)
- Google Offering “Dev Phone” Nexus One Running 2.2 For $529 (mobilecrunch.com)
- Nexus One lives on as Google’s official developer phone (engadget.com)